Putting Community, Health, Safety and Environment first
Ejovi Dredging & Marine Services (EDM) CASHES policy ensure that all risks associated with health, safety, environment and social issues, arising from activities related to its operations are systematically planned, controlled and reviewed. EDM is committed to meeting all applicable legal/regulatory and other requirements, satisfying its identified stakeholders and ensuring continual improvement of its HSE-ME.
HSE POLICY STATEMENT
Ejovi recognizes its legal, moral and economic responsibilities towards the health of its employees, safety of men, materials/assets and operation and protection of the environment. In fulfilling its responsibilities, the Company will be guided by the laws, standards and procedures of its Clients.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide and maintain safe plant and substance;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training when needed;
- To Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary and at regular intervals
We do all these in line with best business practices.
- Our company is committed to ensuring clean and healthy environment especially in the course of our operation.
- We take environmental sanitation programmes seriously, especially the National Environmental carried out in the country.
- Structure used and disposal of injurious chemical shall be in accordance with Environmental Agency guideline.
- Due regard must be paid to reduction of noise at all cost, so also are dust and fumes.
- It is expected of every employee and third parties to create a healthy and environmentally acceptable condition both at home and in the work place.
- As part of our Security measure, our company ensure that all facilities where staff work, reside have sound security plan in place.
- Improve the security awareness of both our employees and third parties associated with our operations.
- We uphold security information dissemination to all our employees both in the offices and logistic base stations.
- The security of the company’s property and employees will be given maximum attention.
- All our employees are provided with company identity cards and the staffs are regularly briefed of the current security risks.